Friday, April 10, 2009

I love Fridays!

Next weekend Holly is getting married and ds1 and his wife along with her parents and two brothers are going to stay with us. My ds2 is also going to be here as well. As long as a bunch of teen and young adult guys don't mind sleeping on couches, we have plenty of room. This room below, however, was in need of a bit of straightening. It's a small room that has been used most recently by Holly and also for storage as you can see. Since we are moving soon I didn't want to do too much with the boxes, but they really couldn't stay where they were.

Here's the other part of the room. It is adjacent to the girls' playroom so the guest room has been played in extensively and there was all kinds of "stuff" all over it. The part that took me the longest was putting several games back together after they were taken out and the parts mixed. Let's just say Cranium has a lot of parts. I should have taken an "after" picture but I forgot. The room is plain, and there is a certain pile of boxes under the window, but it is very clean now and will be fine for ds1 and his wife. Her parents are going to have S's room because it has a trundle bed in it. I moved the toddler bed that was on the left side of the picture below back into the big girls' room where it used to be before we gave S her own room. She insisted on sleeping there tonight as I figured she would.

Holly was over with her wedding dress for me to alter a bit. It's a size 6 but honestly, it could have been worn by a 6' woman and still have dragged on the floor a bit. I ended up serging off about 6" of the underskirt, then pinned the lower part of the skirt up to match how the upper part came from the manufacturer. This seems to be in style right now. After I pinned it up we sat on the couch and chatted while we both tacked the skirt up each place I'd pinned. We managed to get it short enough (along with her 4" heels!) to not have to cut the outer layer.

She tried it on over her camisole. Won't she make a pretty bride?

I couldn't miss an opportunity to post a picture of my little darlings, could I?

After all that it was time to color Easter eggs. I think we did them two years ago and the girls didn't really get into it so I was wondering how they'd do this time. I wish I'd had more than the seventeen eggs I had boiled! We had our neighbor over and each one had four eggs to color and I had one. On the other hand, everyone was satisfied, so maybe it was just the right number. I'll have to say most of them were cracked by the time they were settled back into the cartons to dry. :-)
It was a fun day. I love Fridays.





3 comments:

  1. ahemmmmmmmmmm............... a wedding????????????
    Why wasn't I told?????

    she will make a gorgeous bride!!!!!

    love all the pics today.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You weren't told because the plans are still in total flux!! And even today, a week away, I'm not POSITIVE it's going to happen! ~sigh~

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my.........I hate that kind of un-knowing.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete