Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Annoyed and a gold star

I'm annoyed because this is what happened when I tried to make a nice lunch for my daughters: they didn't eat it. I know eating bag lunches five days a week can be a bit boring, so when I was at the store on Monday I bought some tissue-thin roast beef at the deli counter, along with some pre-sliced cheddar cheese in the deli case. C doesn't like American cheese and has convinced the other girls it is not edible, and I didn't want to cut up regular cheese and have little pieces falling out of the sandwiches, so I sprang for the expensive stuff.

So I made roast beef and cheddar sandwiches on whole wheat sunflower seed bread. I made sure to tell them it was cheddar cheese, just like our normal cheese, NOT American cheese. And they put their sandwiches right back in their bags and brought them home. ~sigh~ At least they brought them home so I could see what they didn't eat before I threw them away.

So much for trying to make something nice.

I did get a gold star yesterday though. I was over at the store again (see the post below) and the local police were having a car seat check in the parking lot. I think I'm pretty good at installing the girls' carseats, but I've never had a chance to have them officially checked so I pulled in. I filled out various bits of paperwork and they checked my carseats for recalls. Then they checked my installation. Let's just say that when they tried to wiggle the seats the whole car rocked. :-) The seats were installed absolutely correctly and tight. I got a gold star.

1 comment:

  1. Ah the best plans of mice and men...........can easily go astray when kids think you are conning them........hugs.

    Well done on your car seats!!WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete