Thursday, June 21, 2012

Good bye to an old laundry friend ;-)

Last week I bought a new laundry basket to replace this old one.  Sounds simple and straightforward, doesn't it?  An identical basket is still available, so my baskets will still stack and nest together.

I felt kind of sad to put the old basket into the recycling bin.  The second house Bill and I owned was a brand new house in a suburb of Boise, Idaho.  It was twice the size of our tiny first house and about 75 years newer and 75 times nicer.  We didn't have near enough furniture to fill it, and in fact, didn't even have adequate living room furniture for about a year.

Bill and I had only the his-n-hers children at that time, no little twins+1.  Weekend laundry was chaotic with all the clothes that traveled between the various parents' houses. 

One day I went to the store and bought night lights for the long hall, 5 wastebaskets so each bathroom and the girls' and boys' rooms would have one, and 3 laundry baskets.  So everyone would know where each basket belonged, I took a Sharpie and wrote "GIRLS," "BOYS," or "MOM AND DAD" twice on the rim of each one.


You can still see the labels and it was the boys' basket that finally gave out.

No comments:

Post a Comment