Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Twinkling lights and shooting stars

Does this look exactly like I would decorate my tree? No? Here's why: my daughters put up and decorated this tree ALL BY THEMSELVES. I'm really happy about that!!Don't ask me why, but I have never enjoyed putting up a Christmas tree or decorating it. Starting a couple of years ago I was able to get my girls to help me with the task and that made it more fun for me. This year it was getting to be about the time to put it up, but we had one evening activity after another and it kept getting put off. Yesterday while I was working they asked if they could put it up themselves. When I had a break between students I went out to the storage shed and got the boxes and they took it from there. No help from me at all. (yippee) They were very pleased and so was I.

All that twinkling going on this morning reminded me of the Geminid Shower going on in the early morning hours. I happened to be talking to my one student who lives in the United States, so I told him I'd call him back in 15 seconds, ran to get my cell phone, and talked to him while I lay on the diving board in the back yard. In the five minutes I was out there I saw THREE shooting stars. Best ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment