Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A new hobby?

I've been wanting to learn (relearn, I guess, since I did learn how when I was a Merrie Miss in 5th grade) how to knit for several years. One friend knitted me a wool muffler as well as a washcloth that I use daily and I wanted to learn now to make some for myself, and another friend posted pictures on line of some socks she made. Plus it's the hip thing now, don'tcha know?

A friend from Church and I kept trying to get together and failing, so I finally did it the modern way: I looked up a video on YouTube.
So now I can knit. I think purl comes next, but not on this washcloth! Actually, this washcloth is turning out pretty big, so it may become a kitchen cloth. It is straight knit left and right, nothing else. I know you can make a border by doing . . . something, but I don't know how to do any of that yet.

It's about twice as long now as when I took the picture. I have a lot of time on the phone talking to students each day, so I got quite a bit of knitting in today. I'll keep you updated on thes scintillating details.

1 comment: