Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

Low key is how I'd describe it. The kids got up at around 7 am, so dh and I got to sleep in. They weren't tearing into anything and actually asked if they could look in their stockings. I guess we'd better make that clearer to them next year. :-)

We don't go overboard with piles of gifts, so they had a nice selection of games, toys, and clothes, but nothing crazy. My main gift was an iPod Touch from dh. I made sure he knew what I wanted. I spent the next hour trying to make an iTunes account. I have to assume their servers were overwhelmed with hundreds of thousands of other people doing the same thing I was, but boy--for a website whose main focus is separating me from my money $0.99 at a time, you'd think it'd be easier to register. In desperation I finally had to make an aol.com username and use that to register at iTunes. Thank goodness there was that option. I didn't want to actually buy anything, but the free apps I wanted can only be downloaded from iTunes. Poor system if you are anybody but Apple. I finally got set up and got the first apps I wanted and am having fun figuring out how to do things on the iTouch. And no, I didn't want an iPhone. This does most of the same things (except I have to have a WiFi connection for Internet things and I can't talk on it) but I can keep my current cell phone service at 40% of the cost of iPhone service. Plus I have a very cool phone number that I wouldn't want to give up.

We had a pretty traditional dinner of ham, potatoes, corn, cranberries, bread/butter, along with a coconut cream pie and a caramel pumpkin cake. It was just the six of us. We'd have loved to have a few family/friends, but everyone was pretty scattered this year and we were happy to be togther as we were.

Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment