Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Eclipse

Since there was a spectacular lunar eclipse visible in my part of the world last night, I asked dh to set the alarm on his cell phone to wake me up a little after midnight. He and I went out first to see if it was worth waking the children and it WAS! We got all three up and had them look at it. The younger two wanted to go back to bed so we kissed them and sent them on their way. The oldest wanted to stay up as we knew she would, so the three of us sat outside on the lawn chairs and watched the moon get darker and darker until all that was left was a little glowing hair on its head. Then even that was gone. The copper glow was something I never imagined seeing.

from this site

Being semi-old folks we didn't stay up the additional 72 minutes to see the moon start to uncover itself, but it was an event well worth an hour of sleep.

Oh, the younger two didn't even remember getting up!

No comments:

Post a Comment