Saturday, May 8, 2010

A week of celebration

This week we celebrated C & E's 8th birthday. The morning started with a batch of cupcakes for them to take to school to share with their class. It was easier on me this year because they are in the same class, so only one set of cupcakes.

For dinner we let them choose the venue. They wanted to go to a small Western Village that is close to our house for dinner. The food offered there is a noisy steak house and I don't really know why they choose that place since they always choose chicken nuggets. I think they connect the restaurant with the guns-and-fighting melodrama, carousel, and train ride afterward. I'm thinking next time we'll just take them for that part & see if they miss the dinner. ;-)

Once home we had two more activities. Since we were very full of dinner, we had our traditional present treasure hunt first. Years and years ago I started that because I didn't/couldn't/didn't want to wrap gifts and instead hid them around the house and made up clues to find each one. It's since become a tradition and I don't think any of the kids would stand for the typical stack of wrapped presents. Their favorite gift was a "Pillow Pets" apiece that dh had to really call around to locate. I was grateful for his legwork on that one. The most surprising gift was two handmade dresses plus pretty white jewelry and headbands from Aunt Sandra. They are for the girls to wear before/after their baptism in July. So for now they are hanging in the closet waiting for that special day.

I predict a fantastic year ahead for my sweet daughters.

1 comment: