Friday, May 21, 2010

My morning citrus walk

Arizonans grow a lot of citrus in their backyards. In my own yard I have a lemon, a grapefruit, and an orange tree. When I walk my girls to school I pass a yard with a HUGE lemon tree with HUGE lemons on it that, conveniently enough, hangs out over the fence and over the back alley where I walk. :-) I would never pick fruit from a tree like that, but if the fruit happens to fall off the tree overnight and be just lying on the ground when I walk by in the morning . . . it is MINE! This morning there were two lemons there, so I picked them up. Since this happens almost every day, you can imagine how much fresh, delicious lemonade we have been drinking over the past few months. We really love it. About half way down the alley, I found another lemon on the ground, making my take-home three lemons today. And I got exercise. What more could I ask for?

Here they are after a little rinse in my kitchen sink:

No comments:

Post a Comment