Friday, May 14, 2010

My new favorite clothes drying products

I read about both of these products on a blog a few months ago, but since both are from Ikea and we don't have one in our town, I had to wait until we went to the really big city to shop there.

I was using a low-quality wooden drying rack. I liked that the parallel rods were of a decent diameter which didn't leave much of a fold line on my clothes, but it was small and wobbly. I got this one and I love it!

Photobucket

The only drawback is that since the lines are metal, they are thin and often leave fold lines on the clothes, I can put at least two loads at a time on it, and I can easily pick it up and move it around when it's open. It folds flat and cost $20.

The other item is a clip dryer that looks like an octopus and in fact has octopus eyes on it, which took me several weeks to notice. It's insane how much I like this item.

Photobucket

I have the white one. It has 16 strong clips on it, that while they are very secure, aren't hard to squeeze open at all. I use it to hang mostly underwear and socks. It can be windy here in the spring and I've never had anything come loose from the clip dryer, unlike the wire dryer. The arms fold up for storage and it cost $5.

I didn't receive any samples or get paid to promote these items, but wanted to post about these portable drying devices I found and really like.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie,
    Love your blogs. Kids are growing beautifully. Schools out here but I have a few more days to go.

    Couldnt find your email address.
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete