Thursday, May 27, 2010

I did something new today

I tried a piece of fruit before buying it. I have never, not once, eaten a grape or cherry at the grocery store before paying for it. Today I wanted some cherries, but they weren't the rich, dark color that usually means they are sweet and flavorful. I asked the produce manager who was a few feet away if he knew how the flavor was. He said, "Please, try some before you buy them, and if you get them home and they aren't sweet, bring them back." I said, "You really want me to eat one now?" and he said, "Yes." With that I popped one in my mouth and found it was very good and bought a couple of pounds.

If the produce guy doesn't specifically tell me to do it again in the future, I won't, but it was nice to try before I bought today.

No comments:

Post a Comment