Friday, July 17, 2009

They come out clean if they go in clean

Dishwasher problems. The water here is the hardest I've ever experienced and the dishes just aren't getting clean. I washed them by hand for a few days because it seemed easier that way. Dh accidentally loaded the dishwasher with dishes I had soaking in soapy water for washing and I decided to just run the load and see what happened. I used a water conditioner that was recommended and the dishes were already almost clean and lo and behold . . . they came out clean!

So now I have to decide what is easier--to just wash them from start to finish or to rinse them completely, then run them through the dishwasher. I think the second option uses more water, but it does sanitize them.

Decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

  1. Now that that problem is solved!
    dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. we rarely use our dishwasher anymore..I was having to hand wash them to get all the gunk off and then put them in the d/w.so a waste of time
    and water.plus I have now trained the girls to wash up!!!LOL

    hugs

    ReplyDelete