Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Costco

I'm back in Costco-land after a five year hiatus and when in Rome . . . . Yesterday was our first time to nose around and things have changed a little but not much. I saw postage stamps (25 cent discount on a hundred of them--I passed), a women's trunk show, and a LOT more wine than I remember from earlier times, but everything else was about the same. Here is what I got:

Kitchen trash bags
A pint of vanilla
Baking powder
Bag of fancy salad mix
A two-pack of frozen lasagne
Corn dogs
Shredded mozzarella
4 pounds of butter
Toilet paper
25 pounds of white flour
2 gallons of milk
2 pounds of coffee (had a free coupon, dh will use it as an incentive prize at work)
22 gallons of gasoline

I looked at prices on other things we use regularly, especially as I get closer to school lunch-making time again and have a mental list for next time. There sure were a lot of other bargain-hunters there too, and the parking lot has recently been expanded or I can see parking would be a challenge. It was fun but boy, you sure could spend a lot of money there if you weren't being careful.

3 comments:

  1. there are mutterings that we may get Costco here soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you know your prices very well YOU can do very well there. You just have to know what is a bargain and what isn't and not get carried away. It's a fun store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I've NEVER been in a Costco. Really! I've been in a Sam's (many, many, MANY years ago) but never a Costco.

    ReplyDelete