Friday, May 15, 2009

Easy, interesting breakfast casserole

Last Saturday my daughters and I attended a Mother's Day brunch at Church. My friend brought a delicious egg casserole I'd never tried and she said she made it up because she was trying to use up the bounty of eggs their chickens are laying. I made it this morning for my girls and here it is:

Egg/Tortilla Casserole

Corn tortillas (about 6)
Cheese (a couple handfuls)
Green chili peppers (I used canned ones--1/2 of a 4 oz. can)
Milk (1+ cup)
Eggs (I used 5)
Salt

This varies according to how big your pan is, but these are the amounts I used for an 8x8 pan. Layer tortillas mostly whole, but tear up a couple for the corners with cheese and chilis twice. Wisk the milk, eggs, and salt together and pour over the tortillas in the pan. I put mine in the fridge overnight to bake in the morning, but I think it is fine to bake immediately.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.

This makes a very easy, tasty casserole that is a little different from the usual ones people make.

No comments:

Post a Comment