Friday, May 10, 2013

Mystery Quilt Pictures

I started this Mystery Quilt a few weeks before Autumn 2012 and finished just as Spring 2013 started.  Haha, just in time to pack it away from Autumn 2013, right?  Of course not.  It's been on my bed since the day I finished it.
The "Mystery Quilt" aspect of it is that the directions started off by telling me to collect "light warm toned fabric," "medium warm toned toned fabric," and "dark warm toned fabric," plus a couple of others.  Then came weekly instructions to cut so many triangles a certain size, and so many squares, etc.
Finally there were instructions to start sewing and I could finally see what I was making, which was a fall leaves design.  I'll have to say, if I'd known exactly what I was making I probably would have chosen different fabrics.  The "medium" ones turned out to be rather eye-popping.  All of them were from my stash and the stash I inherited from my mom (thanks Mom!).  The fabrics come from the 1950s to the 2010s!
There were no specific directions for setting the blocks and I didn't need the lap-sized quilt these squares were going to make (it is 5x7 but you can't see the top row of blocks in the top picture), so I put in sashing and a wider border than suggested to make it usable for my queen-sized bed.  It's just what I wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment