Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Moving out

[Somehow this didn't get posted when I wrote it. I wrote this right after I got back from helping my mom close down her house in June 2011. She left her home two years ago in September to come live with my family.]

Going back to a house you left suddenly two years ago is like entering a time warp.




Ice cream in the freezer will start to mold sometime during that two years.




Tight windows reduce dust on furniture to nearly nothing.




Going through 50 years of accumulation is hard, even if your parent was good about getting rid of things.




Having dear old friends help is INVALUABLE. Couldn't have done it all in only 2.5 days without them.




A two-day car trip without the radio leaves lots of time for contemplation and chat.




Getting everything unpacked from the car as quickly as possible makes recovery easier.




I'm so glad it's over and so glad my brothers are handling the estate sale.




I hope my mom recovers from the ordeal




My friend Leigh writes her blog entries like this and I decided to give it a try today.

1 comment: