Monday, January 10, 2011

Booking It 2011

One of the blogs I follow is promoting a reading club for the year. The blog owner chose the books, which are:

February 10 – The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
March 10 – Mansfield Park by Jane Austen (Get a Kindle edition free right now.)
April 10 – Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois
May 10 – Finding Your Purpose as a Mom: How to Build Your Home on Holy Ground by Donna Otto
June 10 – The Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan (Get a free Kindle edition here.)
July 10 – Dancing with My Father: How God Leads Us into a Life of Grace and Joy by Sally Clarkson
August 10 – The Help by Kathryn Stockett
September 10 – Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living by Tsh Oxenreider
October 10 – Not Your Mother’s Casseroles by Faith Durand
November 10 – The Reluctant Entertainer by Sandy Coughlin
December 10 – The Monster in the Hollows by Andrew Peterson, the third in The Wingfeather Saga

I will probably not read all the religious ones because I have other strong LDS religious influence in my life, but it's a nice framework for the year. I'm free to choose other books as desired to replace ones I can't find or don't want to read. I ordered the first two books from the library and the March book Mansfield Park has arrived and I'm about 75 pages into it. I've never read Jane Austen before and in fact, this is only the fourth "classic" novel I've read. So far I like it a lot.

2 comments:

  1. "Mansfield Park" is probably my favorite Austen book, so I hope you continue to enjoy it! Happy Reaading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mansfield Park is a good one, and I bet you'll enjoy Pilgrim's Progress, if you get around to reading it.

    ReplyDelete