Saturday, January 15, 2011

Beautiful Saturday at a strangely odd park

Last Saturday I took the girls to a park on the outskirts of our city. We'd been there one other time with our neighbors. I've discovered the way to find out about interesting places in your town is to make friends with someone who has lived there years and years and years. I've lived here less than two years, so I'm always open to my neighbor's suggestions.

I'll let the pictures tell most of the story. We brought along a picnic lunch. In fact, I think using our picnic basket is what made the girls want to go to the park in the first place. :-)


Of my three younger girls, these are the two I'd expect to be little daredevils. If you look at the protrusion on the upper left side of the trunk, you can see a cactus growing out of the palm tree!

Palm trees gone native:


Remember, I live in the serious desert.


There is a large pond or small lake with fish and turtles in it.

After walking along the edge of the pond for a few minutes, we followed a path out in the natural area. Sure looks like desert, doesn't it?

Aren't they cute?

All four of us:

No comments:

Post a Comment