Sunday, September 13, 2009

Not much happening!

Life is very quiet and peaceful at my mom's house as compared to my own house. She had a medical test on Wednesday with the results to be revealed this coming Wednesday. I don't know why you have to wait that long for what I expect to straight-forward results. After Wednesday we'll decide whether I'll stay longer or if she should come home with me or if we'll make other plans. If she comes home with me we have to decide whether to drive or fly. Lots to think about.

Dh says the girls like their after-school program and when he picks them up their homework is DONE. That's probably his favorite part of the whole deal and I don't blame him! Homework is waaaayyyyyy reduced from last year (one page a day for C & E vs. the three to four they had in first grade) so it's already better. However, having that done when he picks them up lets dh focus on dinner and fun with them after work. I miss them all a lot. I miss all my kids, to tell the truth. Holly hasn't had a phone for a long time so I haven't actually talked to her in almost five months, just chatted via IM. I talk to David pretty often, but he's had a lot going on in his life and I haven't seen him since all that started. Kevin I saw recently, but I'm missing out on his Senior year. What a fun year for a kid on top of the world. :-)

So I'll content myself with various messages back and forth and with the nice visit I'm having with my mom.

2 comments:

  1. I;m not surprised you miss the kids.I missed mmine dreadfully on my last trip away to QLd.
    I am glad you can spend some time with your mum.

    Glad Dh doesn't have to do the dreaded homework!!I'm not fond of it either.;)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are there to take care of your Mom.

    ReplyDelete