Thursday, September 3, 2009

Great eats

Last night dh said my favorite words: let's go out to eat tonight. He wanted to go go La Salsa which is a chain of "fresh Mexican" food restaurants. After you order the food is prepared at a counter in front of you, like when you go to Subway sandwiches. I ordered a chicken and avocado thing which was like a New Mexico enchilada--flat instead of rolled. Here is the plate, plus I had a cup of delicious black beans on the side:This morning I was looking through the current Sunset magazine and came across a recipe for veggie stuffed shells. It looked kind of different, but accessable to me, not being any kind of gourmet cook. I didn't mention to dh that some of the vegetable ribbons were zucchini ribbons and he downed two shells worth. I added some crescent rolls and it was a great dinner.

1 comment: