Saturday, September 5, 2009

My mom is sick

. . . and I'm a long way away. I'm not sure what to do about it. I called her this morning to talk to her about coming here to stay with us until she is better. I found her so weak she could hardly talk although I did get a little laugh out of her at one point. I had her give me the phone number of a friend and I called there to get some help for her. The friend is going to take her to the hospital and he arranged for another friend to meet them there and keep my mom company in the hospital until things get settled.

My mom is not overly sentimental and hasn't asked me to come out. She needs someone to take care of her though. If she is in a hospital or nursing home, she is being taken care of. I think she could use some moral support though, and when she is released, unless there is a BIG improvement, I think she needs to come to my house so I can keep an eye on her. Or even if she needs assisted living or a nursing home, well, that's what dh does for a living, so I'd rather have her here in town where we can both keep our eyes on her. The problem is the long distance and the transportation to get her here.

Right now I'm waiting to hear what is happening at the hospital. I have a lot to think about and try to figure out what is the best thing for everyone.

2 comments:

  1. its so hard when parents get ill.esp when they are a long way away...

    sending good thoughts that a solution appears easily.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no. :( I don't know where she is, but if she's anywhere near me (or between us) let me know how I can help. Glad to do it. Prayers coming, my friend.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete