Thursday, May 10, 2012

Relief Society Homemaking Meeting (or is that "an additional Relief Society meeting"?)

There was a terrific turnout tonight for a beading class. Obviously lots of interest and the cost was only $1 for each kit. I hadn't signed up, so I waited until those who had, had chosen their kits. By the time I got to choose, I didn't like anything left, so I decided to just sit and chat with the others who were making things. This is what my friend Lisa made:
My friend Nancy made a necklace, but since she doesn't have pierced ears, gave me the earrings part of her kit. We decided we'd wink at each other when we happened to both wear our beaded jewelry on the same Sunday.
When I went up to the supply table to ask the teacher how to finish off the earrings I spied a bead kit I hadn't noticed. I'm not sure who it was for, as the teacher paused before telling me I could have it (buy it, of course). It was faceted glass beads with an opalescent sheen, and silver flower beads to make into a bracelet on elastic thread. The color is funny in this picture, but you can get the idea:

No comments:

Post a Comment