Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Wow.  What a nice day my family made sure I had.

It started off with breakfast in bed.  Cereal and milk, with the milk in a separate cup so the cereal would stay crispy on its journey into the bedroom.

In order of age, here's what I received from my family members:

From Sophia I received a sillouhette that is startlingly accurate.

From Elizabeth and Caroline I received flowers in pots with candy in the centers.


From Kevin I received one of my most-anticipated gifts--an hour and forty-five minute Skype call from his mission in Brazil.  He looks and sounds wonderful!

From Conor I received a big box of chocolates.


 From Holly I received a big box of chocolates. 
You can tell the young adults know how much I like chocolate, can't you?


From David and Alicia I received a mother's day card with a cute hand-drawn picture inside it.
My son married a very smart girl. ;-)


From Bill (and the girls) I received three gifts.
The first you'll see the evidence of as soon as the rechargeable (yay!) battery is ready.
My old camera has taken over 6,000 pictures and it is pretty well worn out.


These beautiful roses appeared on my table yesterday:


And the thing I asked Bill for weeks ago is in my back yard waiting.
The person who doesn't live with me and guesses first exactly what it is gets
$1 in his/her PayPal account.


I was very spoiled today, wasn't I?

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely day!

    I think it's some kind of fruit tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good guess . . . but wrong. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. You'll have to look up what plants grow natively in the Sonoran Desert (where we live). Teehee

    ReplyDelete
  4. A mesquite tree? You make it hard with no leaves to look at :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marcella, I do have a huge, mature Mesquite tree in the front yard, but this isn't a new Mesquite.

    ReplyDelete