Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ran out of bread

. . . and made more. I usually make our family's bread except in the middle of the summer when I can't bear to turn on the oven. I'm thinking it's a good thing I made this late yesterday because it's over 111F/44C today and I wouldn't have been baking anything at all. That's why I keep tortillas on hand all the time. Just about anything you can do with bread, you can do with tortillas. Plus I found out Costco has some large loaves of good bread that aren't too expensive. I relied on that bread last summer and expect to do the same this summer.

However, I did bake some yesterday. I have some lovely white wheat that I grind myself and although this bread is 70% whole wheat, it isn't very dark. More a light khaki, I'd say.

I'm not happy about how my camera is (not) focussing these days, but thought I'd post this fuzzy picture so you can see how light the bread is.

It's really tasty, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment