Sunday, June 20, 2010

Camp Laffalotta part 2

Okay, I'm behind. We're actually on week 4, but I forgot to post this from week 2. Because I wanted to visit a Mexican bakery I'd heard about here in town, I decided week 2 would be Mexico! We made tortillas and they were really good!

The recipe said it's best to mix the dough, then refrigerate it overnight, so that's what I did. I wanted it as easy to work with as possible. The next day we took out the dough and cut it into 10 pieces, then C and I rolled each one out as thinly as possible. They were still thicker than most store-bought tortillas, but not by much. We heated a dry frying pan and cooked each side for about 20 seconds. They blistered and when we took them off the heat they looked just like fresh, homemade flour tortillas, i.e. delicious and perfect!

Week 3 was dinosaurs and our current week is outer space and the planets. We also borrowed movies from the library on the moon and lots of books about the planets. I need to get to the craft store to get supplies to make glow-in-the-dark space shirts. Well, what we stamp on them will be g-i-t-d.

I'd better get those things tomorrow because Tuesday I have to work almost all day from 4:50 am to 4:40 pm. Okay, I do have two breaks of 2 hours, then 1.5 hours in there, but it's going to be a rush-rush day.

No comments:

Post a Comment