Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

To escape the summer heat, my fruit and vegetable co-op moved its pick up time from 8:45 to 7:15 am! That means the volunteers need to be there by 6:00 am. So much for my day to sleep in, huh? :-) I'm not required to volunteer, but it's fun, it's exercise, C loves to go with me, the volunteers get a few extra pieces of fruit, and I get to choose the basket I like best and check out before the 80 people waiting in line. Good deal for me.

For my $16.50 I ended up with 39 pounds of produce.

Lunch was "ants on a log" (celery spread with peanut butter with raisins stuck into it), homemade German potato salad (I am 1/4 German, you know), cantaloupe chunks, and grapes. It was a nice meal for a hot spring day.

By the way, coconut is devilishly difficult to reduce to a nice pile of shredded coconut like you get at the store. I hope the macaroons I'm going to make are awesomely good.

No comments:

Post a Comment