Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Paperless birthdays

Here is the blog of my friend Kerri. In it she talks about cutting down on disposable supplies for her daughter's birthday. We do it one better in our family. Instead of reusable gift wrapping, we use NO gift wrapping! Don't worry that my children have no fun though, we HIDE the gifts and make a treasure hunt to find them. :-) I started it when my big kids were little and my younger children have never had it any other way. I make slips of paper with a clue to each location, plus some fillers. The kids don't know if any given location will have a gift and a note or just a note. All gifts from relatives are incorporated into the treasure hunt as well as gifts from Mom and Dad. Heaven help me if I ever decided to wrap birthday presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment