Thursday, October 15, 2009

A bit accomplished and no one likes my food

I'm accomplishing things here and there. I listed something on eBay, I worked for my new second job 4 hours today (it's a here-and-there kind of job, not regular), everyone is staying clean and fed, the girls are doing their homework, I'm working my regular part-time job, and I'm investigating vegan cooking (!) so I'll have something to feed my mom when she settles back in here at the house. Not that my mom is a vegan, but with vegan cooking I can avoid the milk her IBS won't allow her to consume any longer. Other than straight meat and fruits/vegetables, I'm kind of stuck for ideas. I really like casseroles but most casseroles have either white sauce or cheese incorporated into them. Can't do that, but there are all kinds of ideas on vegan cooking sites. I really don't think dh or the girls will like the ethnic foods I'm finding there, but I will try some anyway. In fact, I'm tired of the children complaining about what foods I serve them. Dh is smart and doesn't complain, but I'm almost to the point of stocking up on chicken nuggets and letting the girls eat them for every meal. Phooey.

No comments:

Post a Comment