Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My clothes closet

This morning I was reading a blog post from Life As Mom about the same clothing problem I have. You go to the closet and open it and although there is an adequate number of clothes in it, you have nothing to wear because things don't fit, are damaged (stained, loose seams, worn out), don't have any coordinating things to go with them, are outdated, or the wrong season. That describes my closet pretty well.

I keep thinking I will lose weight, so a couple of tops will fit better. But will I lose height and make the tops that are too short magically long enough? The fad a few years ago of tops that hit at "high hip" was brutal on a long-body gal like me. I need to ditch that stuff. I need to get rid of the top I've loved and worn for so long that the seams are starting to wear through at the neck. Those things are safe to get rid of. No amount of weight loss is going to make them look better.

I like the top I'm wearing in this picture (although I'm not showing it to its best advantage here) because it is a comfortable cotton knit and easy to wear, but it has some inherent detailing. That is the kind of top I'm looking for these days.

I need to purge my closet and get shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment