Monday, March 28, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

Whew! A little late this week!

Monday: Cajun Black Beans and Brown Rice This was on the menu a couple of weeks ago but didn't get made. The brown rice wasn't as expensive as I thought it was going to be--not much more than regular brown rice. [Update: I didn't have the tomatoes with green chilis so I shook in a few drops of habanero sauce. The whole thing was absolutely delicious.]

Tuesday: Creamy Chicken with Broccoli & Red Pepper Pasta I got a free sample of Philadelphia Cooking Creme and think this will be delicious. [Update: this was pretty good, but if you use more than the two cups of pasta or too many vegetables, there isn't really enough cooking creme and it's a little dry. Good flavor though.]

Wednesday: Quiche Biscuit Cups We're getting three eggs a day on a pretty reliable basis, so I'm instituting Wednesday as egg dinner day. [Update: The quantities would have been better for 18 muffins vs. the 24 it called for. I didn't have any bacon, so I used just the green onion and cheese as extras. Next time I'll also try using a little more milk. All that said . . . my family LOVED this!]

Thursday: Chicken and Black Bean Tostizzas

Friday: Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment