Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Boo!!

Here is my little Halloween quilt. I finished it in record time because 1) I wanted it done before October 1st 2) I wanted to put away the sewing cabinet and the supplies 3) I didn't want any UFO (unfinished objects) around that might languish and never be completed.

This is the front:
The back:
And the pretty purple binding:

Except for the binding, it was all done on the machine. The squares were pieced in long strips and sewn to the batting and backing all at the same time, and the sashing sewn on, then cut into 9 3/4" squares. The horizontal sashing was also done front and back as I sewed the squares together. When I was done sewing the blocks together, all I had left to do was apply the binding, as the sashing and quilting were done. It's not perfect, but I'm really happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment