Monday, April 19, 2010

The bane of my existence

*Perhaps* I have mentioned it before, but I hate the whole-class snacks that are so common in preschool and Kindergarten. I don't mind that the kids have them, I just dread my turn to provide them. It has been easier since I settled on a standard snack--cheese bread. However, it's a bit of a challenge to have a fresh batch rady to go when the girls leave for school at 7:30 am.

Last night I assembled all the ingredients but didn't mix wet and dry. It was really easy when I got up to mix everything and get the dough ready. I didn't let it rise twice, only once in the pan. Here it is ready to go into the oven:
I used a little tub of garlic "butter" that came with a Papa John's pizza to spread over the top before I sprinkled on the cheese. It smelled divine as it baked. Here it is ready to be covered with a clean tea towel and go to school:

No comments:

Post a Comment