Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chicken update




Saturday one of my friends told me I was posting plenty of pictures of eggs, so how about some pictures of chickens to go along with them? I'm happy to oblige, Martha!

Each daughter here is holding her own chicken. There is one more (mine) and she is the same breed as the last one, which is a Plymouth Barred Rock. The first one has that fun beard on her and she lays beautiful bluish-green eggs. She's an Ameraucana cross of some sort and is in general called an "Easter Egger." The second is a Rhode Island Red and lays shiny medium-brown eggs. S's Barred Rock lays large brownish-pink eggs and mine lays large medium brown eggs. The sizes of all the eggs vary from day to day. Right now I'm saving the green and pink eggs aside for Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment