Thursday, August 5, 2010

Back-to-School

My girls are almost ready to go back to school. Yesterday C & E received letters from their teacher telling them what items to bring to school. Yes, they have the same teacher, which makes me quite happy. Having them in the same class last year really simplified things and I hope it goes well again this year. I'm waiting to see what S is supposed to bring. Dh and I went shopping last night to get as much of C & E's list as we could and got a few things that are probably going to be on S's as well.

The transportation letters go out today, so once we receive that we'll know where and at what time the bus will pick up the girls. This is their first time to be bus riders so they are pretty excited about it. I'm hoping the bus stop is no farther than the corner, eight houses away. Logically though, it would be on the other side of the main street coming in to our subdivision and I really hate having them cross that by themselves. We'll see what the letter says though.

Monday night I took the girls to Stride Rite to get shoes. All three needed new sneakers and two needed new dress shoes. We ended up with only four pairs because C didn't like the way the dress shoes "felt." Sigh. So I still have to find a sturdy pair of them for her somewhere. I refuse to get any frou-frou dress shoes that will wear out or fall apart in a couple of months, so I'll continue looking for something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment