Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sewing machine and groceries

That sewing machine was nagging me for repair, so I decided to NOT procrastinate.  I called three places here in town and two of them charged $80 + parts to go over it, and one charged $40.  I decided to try the $40 guy and see how that goes.

He said my machine was about the 10th he had taken in today.  Makes me think there is a good business for someone with excellent mechanical skills.

Conveniently, his place is in the same strip mall as Sunflower Market, a kind of hybrid traditional/organic grocery with a great produce section.  Since I didn't do Bountiful Baskets this morning, I picked up several kinds of fruit, plus some things from their bulk bins.

Did you know you don't have to buy the whole bag when produce is priced by the pound?

I just take out the amount I want to buy and put it in another bag.  Did you know you can even do that with things like celery when it is priced by the pound (vs. by the bunch)?

I bought only about half the package.



Here's one of my helpers:

No comments:

Post a Comment