Thursday, March 3, 2011

Kicked how many times?

I got a lovely letter in the mail today. Here's a picture of it:

Have you gotten one of these? I did years ago and filled out the questionaire but it was a daycare abuse case (remember all those in the mid-80s??) and I was working in a daycare at the time so I was never actually called up.

Here are the highlights of this one:
*Call the night before to see if we still want you. That's after you've irretrievably cancelled your job for the day.
*Lose a day of work which, while I'm not a highly paid part-time worker, it is still $75+ and an inconvenience to a number of people.
*I'll be paid for my mileage the first day. I assume that will be 10 cents a mile. No other reimbursement.
*If selected, I'll be paid mileage and $12/day for the rest of the time.
*No free parking is available for jurors. Paid lots are in the area.
*Return the questionaire at the bottom of the page and, oh, did you REALLY think we'd put a return stamp on the envelope?

No comments:

Post a Comment