Wednesday, April 14, 2010

From the old dishwasher to . . .


Betcha thought I was going to say, " . . . to a new one!" Uh uh.



No, now we have a big hole where this one was. The new one was delivered today. Dh is fully capable of installing it. However, there was a crack on the side of the door that I didn't notice when it was delivered! So back it goes and we'll try again tomorrow. Luckily delivery (and redelivery . . . ) was included. I'll bet that dishwasher has been in more homes than just mine and Lowe's is just hoping someone will miss the crack and install it, then decide to just keep it rather than uninstall it and return it. I'm not impressed.

Anyway, I hope tonight was the last time to wash dishes by hand for awhile. The old dishwasher had a valve that stuck and didn't let enough water into the tub so everything came out with a heavy white film on it. It took about 10 days of handwashing before the dishes started to look good again. I'd really like to try getting that result from an AUTOMATIC dishwasher, not from the appendages at the ends of my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment